A Beginner’s Guide to Makeup
Many makeup newbies often question what products they should buy, where they should purchase reasonable priced cosmetics, and how should they properly apply the makeup….. Although I will get into the application and tools in another post in this series, I can definitely help out with which products are essential and where they can be purchased.
Makeup doesn’t have to be complicated for everyday purposes. Below, I have listed 9 essentials and their importance, which should be in every beginner’s makeup collection that can be purchased from your local drug store.
1. PRIMER – ensures that your makeup goes on evenly and helps with the longevity of the makeup throughout the day.
Wet n Wild Coverall Primer – $5
2. CONCEALER – helps cover up blemishes and dark circles.
Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer and Corrector – $7
3. FOUNDATION – gives a more even skin tone in the finish of your choice, be it dewy or matte.
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation – $8
4. POWDER – helps lock in makeup and ensures it stays in place all day.
NYC’s Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent – $4
5. BLUSH – when properly applied, it can add life to your face and break up the monotonous complexion of the skin tone.
NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush – $5
6. BROW PENCIL AND/OR BROW GEL –
Brow Pencil – fills in sparse areas (choose a color that isn’t too dark, preferably a color that matches your hair.
Rimmel Professional Brow Liner – $4
Brow Gel – tames unruly hairs due to its consistency. It comes in a variety of shades including clear.
NYX Cosmetics Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade – $6
7. NEUTRAL EYESHADOW PALETTE – helps to make your eyes stand out and look more attractive. It can add depth and dimension to the eyes. A palette is a great way to begin practicing and playing around with using different shades of eyeshadows on the eyes as it comes with a variety of colors.
Maybelline The Nudes – $8
8. MASCARA – applying a few coats to both the upper and lower lashes really opens up your eyes and makes you look more alert and awake.
Covergir LashBlast Volume Mascara – $6
9. LIPSTICK – completes the look of your makeup. (It’s like putting on the right pair of shoes to complete your outfit)
Wet n Wild MegaLast – $2